Guitar Instrumental.

I recently created a guitar instrumental with both rhythm and lead parts. It is currently untitled, but its genre delves into, I suppose, flamenco and a bit of folk country. I recorded each section and layered it together through Soundtrap. The guitar model I use is an acoustic-electric Fender CD-60SCE, the strings I use are steel D’addario, 12-gauge. Feel free to listen to it, if you’d like. I admit it gets a little messy in the middle and I might rework on it again in the future. Will I write lyrics or a poem to accompany it? It’s up in the air, so maybe I will revisit that possibility in the near future.

I have only recently started delving into “soloing” on the fretboard, and I played in what I tried the b-minor scale, I believe. As you can tell, I love my bends a bit too much.

A tad of Flamenco with wild western. You know the movies.
The model I use. The color is similar, if not the same, to the one I do own.

50 comments for “Guitar Instrumental.

1. SteelWarrior/PoetOfSteel
    December 3, 2020 at 7:27 am

I’m glad you posted this!

Creates separate blog for music immediately

2. December 3, 2020 at 7:29 am

Amazing this was so soothing. Well done. 😇

• December 3, 2020 at 9:34 am

Thank you so much, Kumar. I’m really glad to hear that.

3. December 3, 2020 at 8:38 am

Didn’t know you could play such a mean guitar, so awesome! 👏🏼👏🏼

4. December 3, 2020 at 2:23 pm

Truly beautiful and melodic and yes it could be a piece used in a movie, a romantic western or a romantic love story. Loved it Lucy!!✨

5. December 3, 2020 at 3:06 pm

This sounds amazing! Such talent! 🙂

6. December 3, 2020 at 3:25 pm

Lucy, this is wonderful. Bravo.
    xoxo

7. December 3, 2020 at 5:20 pm

I like! 👍🏻 unique blending

8. December 3, 2020 at 5:51 pm

Very cool. Haunting. With all your bends, you might go to a lighter gauge. I use Martin SP Extra light and love ’em.

• December 3, 2020 at 11:06 pm

Thank you, and I had not thought about that. I might switch then. 🙂

• December 5, 2020 at 8:49 pm

I use Martin extra lights and silk and steel on my two guitars. Easier to play unless you need big sound like in a jam session. Check out Strings and More online for usually good deals.

9. December 3, 2020 at 6:01 pm

Had no idea you played the guitar. Not bad!

10. December 3, 2020 at 11:41 pm

I agree, you do play a mean guitar, absolutely awesome!❤️

11. Harsh
    December 4, 2020 at 5:17 am

This was superb!

• December 5, 2020 at 12:18 am

Thank you very much, Harsh!

12. December 5, 2020 at 12:07 am

Wow, this is quite the track! It’s got that nice country and wanderlust feel to it 🤩
    Hey, what inspired you to create such a track?

• December 5, 2020 at 12:22 am

Thank you so, so much. I’m glad you enjoyed it.

You know, it’s quite funny the inspiration! I sometimes play my guitar late at night, and just as I was ready to put it away, I was strumming this chord progression that made me think of a Flamenco style. So I got a pattern going and I recorded the rhythm guitar track; then the next couple days, I layered separate solos over it. I was striving to create an instrumental anyway, and it also helps when I just fool around on the fretboard and not take anything seriously at all. I guess that’s where you can say the inspiration came from. Hahaha. 😄

13. December 5, 2020 at 8:26 am

Really loved your Guitar Instrumental !! Beautiful – you are so talented!
    😘💕🌹😊

• December 5, 2020 at 1:25 pm

Aww, thank you so much.

• December 5, 2020 at 4:03 pm

Praise where praise is due, My Dear!
        Hope you are having a great day!!
        xoxox 😘💕🌹✨✨

• December 5, 2020 at 5:08 pm

Thank you. I hope you’re having a great day as well! ❤ ❤

• December 5, 2020 at 5:57 pm

Yes, a good day! Hope yours is great too!
        😘💕🌹✨

14. December 6, 2020 at 8:00 pm

Very nice Lucy! you must have one of those foot pedals that records your rhythms so you can play your melody. I love it. I like the Spanish flavor. You will have to get together with Glenn and do the music for his westerns!! :>)
    dwight

• December 6, 2020 at 8:08 pm

Thank you so much, Dwight. I actually do not have a foot pedal. I recorded each track separately and layered them over each other.

Ooh, now that would be quite a fun collaboration. 😀

• December 6, 2020 at 8:48 pm

Wow! you did very well on that! I have recorded a single track on a digital player with guitar and voice in one take. It works very well. That was the only way I could make my own cds!

15. December 7, 2020 at 1:02 pm

It is sound pretty good in my opinion. It might need a little tweeking ad you say. I do hope to hear it with lyrics

16. J. P. K. | Johandros Systems
    December 15, 2020 at 4:52 pm

The middle part was actually making me smile. 😀
    A great music piece, thank you for sharing this.
    The “messy” part was actually the best part because it showed that you are alive.
    I like a few wrong notes or messed up parts here and there.
    For the feelings and because it makes it unique.
    A complete perfect music piece is cool as well, no question, but when all is just like that things seem way too similar and without freedom.
    I for my part are even happier when an artist / musician (etc.) makes a mistake (according to some), while for me it is telling that someone is a living being and can’t always make everything 100% correct and perfect and also shouldn’t have to (which sadly is often expected). A true performance should not be worshiped or cheered for because it was a perfect one or was according to some script or whatever, no, it should be about the one who gives / does / makes the performance, the music track (etc.) as well.
    Okay, before I get paradox or too confusing again (one of my strengths I guess) I stop.
    If people really like you, love you and want you here, listen and read or what else you might want to share or just came up with, they will like you even more for these random things. And yes, “fooling around” is quite an inspiration and some times it just hits you.
    I have heard and seen some live performances in which people had to start over again and people were totally fine with it, as long as they could hear them. ❤
    Although I did only hear the guitar, hearing some living sound was truly delighting.
    (Too many words? Well, you know, either short or endless. 😀 )

• December 16, 2020 at 12:19 am

Aww, thank you so very much. I have never considered a perspective like that. That is truly enlightening–how making mistakes shows how someone is alive. I have to say that what you wrote is probably the most honest thing I’ve read in my life. 😀

I think the whole fun in music is just that–to mess around and go into the unknown. It can be thrilling. Thank you again for your lovely comment, and too many words? No way. I enjoyed reading them and I thank you for the support and encouragement. It means a lot to me.

• J. P. K. | Johandros Systems
        December 16, 2020 at 9:09 am

Thanks. 🙂
        And about the “Too may words”, in my past I have just heard too many times that I talk too much, write too much, think too much, basically am too much, that it caused deep scars. ❤

17. December 16, 2020 at 2:18 am