seafarer.

seafarer,
I’ve lived on the leafstalk
and moon-groves, before
I peeled back my mind

winter is cold-blooded
I hatch from the twiggy
rose in frozen veins

in the sanctum of the trees
split in the sun-moon, our bones
she crawls like the moon

17 comments for “seafarer.

1. January 2, 2021 at 7:36 am

stunning

2. January 2, 2021 at 9:17 am

Really loved the chilling, delicate and hauntingly beautiful imagery used in this poem. ❤️

• January 2, 2021 at 9:49 am

Aww, thank you very much!

3. SteelWarrior/PoetOfSteel
    January 2, 2021 at 12:35 pm

Another great one 😁

4. bokeh snow
    January 2, 2021 at 6:31 pm

“I hatch from the twiggy” … I love that line break. Makes me think of the model as your momma. 🙂

And here: “rose in frozen veins” … I imagine your veins cold, but filled with rose petals.

“split in the sun-moon” … Stunning. “Split” can mean so many things. Torn, broken, ripped (relationship, personality, desire); gone; pulled between (day and night, places, people, lives); dessert (as in, banana). 🙂

I love love love the idea of our bones … our depths, our marrow, our history, our “be ones” … being “buried” in the place where the sun and moon meet, or are one (nowhere, except in expectation, in some magical place). A sky graveyard. Ooh, a constellation graveyard. Stars and bone fragments—guiding the seamen home.

The she is winter, cold-crawling rose-petal moon pulsing in your veins.

Anyway, gorgeous, stimulating work

• January 2, 2021 at 6:53 pm

Hahaha! She is a little too old to be my mother. 😀

Thank you so much for your kindness, thoughts, and feedback. It’s always appreciated.

• bokeh snow
        January 2, 2021 at 7:15 pm

LOL … We watched a movie called Down a Dark Hall last night. Read the description and picture yourself as one of the students—with Twiggy being your “mother” in that way, taking over your mind/body for artistic purposes. 🙂

5. January 2, 2021 at 7:12 pm

LOVED. EVERY. WORD. ❤️❤️

6. January 3, 2021 at 2:39 am

A perfect poem to me, I love the way it reads, easy on the eye as it eases into mind.

7. silent poetry