Novel Collaboration: Notice.

As the novel collaboration has waned in participation for the most part, at this point in time, I’m now inviting three to four people would would like to work on the remaining chapters in this story until it can reach a definite conclusion. If you are interested in participating in this project, you can reach out to me via my contact page. Remember, I will be only choosing up to three to four people who can help finish this project with me.

I mainly realize that holding a novel collaboration the longer it goes on, the less likely people will jump in because there’s so many chapters in it and not everyone has the time to devote to such a lengthy project either with reading or writing it. That’s the purpose of this as I can hopefully find a small group of writers who have the time to devote to this task as not everyone can. I understand that very much.

I will make an exception to those who’ve already collaborated on this novel. If any of you would like to add chapters in the story, let me know either here or through my contact page. I thank you to all who have stuck around both as an audience and as collaborators. I loved connecting with you and seeing the ideas jump off the page. It’s such a brilliant, lovely community here cultivated through WordPress that it’s been an amazing experience working with you, bouncing off ideas, and fleshing out these complicated, messy characters that hopefully have grown on most of us.

Once the group has been assembled and chapters are designated, I will still publish them here for everyone to read. Thank you for sticking around with us, we know it hasn’t always been easy.

~Lucy

26 comments for “Novel Collaboration: Notice.

1. January 31, 2021 at 10:53 am

I think you said it yourself. I learned of your project so late in its life that there was no time to go back and read everything. I actually started one of these ages ago, and it was clear that people hadn’t read or assimilated what had already been written. I ended up writing about 90% myself – before I binned it after a couple of chapters. Good luck getting to the finish line. (What I’ve read of it looks pretty good.)

• January 31, 2021 at 11:36 am

Thank you so much. It’s really understandable and if I weren’t running the project, I’m doubtful if I would have read all the chapters too this late in the game.

Hopefully, there will be a few people interested in this. I’m happy, though, that the collaborators here could jump in and put their all in where they saw the story going. Thank you again for the supportive comment. 🙂

2. February 1, 2021 at 7:14 am

Hi Lucy, the idea sounds interesting. If my work is good enough, I would join. I think I need more ideas about writing a sci-fi but if you allow me, I shall give a try.

• February 1, 2021 at 9:55 am

Hey Smita! Yes, feel free to join if you’d like. We can always exchange ideas or plot lines especially with where we see the story going at this point in time.

• February 1, 2021 at 10:01 am

Yayyy! I am in!

• February 1, 2021 at 10:16 am

❤️❤️

• February 1, 2021 at 11:41 pm

Also, I forgot to mention: Whenever you’re ready, you can reach out to me via my contact page. 🙂

• February 2, 2021 at 12:20 am

For discussion? Yes, I was thinking what if Anastasia eloped with Tom..or Lauren and they joined in Holy matrimony?

• February 2, 2021 at 12:40 am

Tom would be a great candidate, since Lauren is already with Artemis.

Now Tom and Anastasia would truly be a disaster (I’m loving the idea already). It could also let us expand on the plot line of Clarence, along with Tom’s memories.

Can’t imagine it would be marital bliss between them (which is fantastic because it would allow us to expand the story longer) and if anything, Tom would most likely develop stockholm syndrome.

I think it’s how we set it up to make it most realistic. Kind of thinking in terms of what would Anastasia want from Tom in this arrangement?

• February 2, 2021 at 1:30 am

Just so. I loved the idea of Tom getting Stockholm Syndrome.

What would Anastasia want from Tom–
        Heam? She loves the scent…kinda her personal brand of perfume. But she falls so hard in love with him that she decides to abstain from giving it a go. She struggles with her enormous yearning for his blood but she puts her finger in the dyke before it’s too late.

If the plot sounds like an old chestnut, we may drop the idea.

• February 2, 2021 at 1:36 am

I love this idea very much. Let’s give it a go.

I have something in my files that depicts an interaction between Tom and Anastasia before it switches back to Lauren and Artemis. The interaction between Anastasia and Tom just sets it up–really nothing major or any major fighting. If you’d like, when I’m finished with the draft, I can send it to you first if you want to delve into Anastasia more with the idea; or, you can write chapter 11 with what you came up with. 🙂

• February 2, 2021 at 1:46 am

Awesome. Let’s do it. 🤞☺

• February 2, 2021 at 1:47 am

Great! I’ll let you know when I’m finished with chapter 10 and we can go from there. 😀

• February 2, 2021 at 3:09 am

👍

• February 2, 2021 at 8:06 pm

Hello Smita! I think I am done with chapter 10 for the most part. 🙂

• February 3, 2021 at 2:01 am

Hey Lucy!
        Hope your having a great time. That’s really smart. I was expecting you to take a week or.. 😛 Thanks for the update. Please do send it to me through my contact page. Great day ahead. ☺

• February 3, 2021 at 2:50 am

Hahaha, it was pretty fun to jump back in the story, I admit! I got a wee bit burned out from it after doing chapters six, seven, and eight (part two). But now with some fresh ideas, I feel encouraged at the prospect of the collaborative project.

I sent it to you just now. The formatting is a bit messy, but nevertheless, I hope it’s an enjoyable read for you. I hope you have a great day as well. Thank you! 😀

• February 3, 2021 at 4:58 am

Welcome ☺

3. February 1, 2021 at 10:20 pm

Hope I’d be given the chance, too, as I wanna learn a lot about writing novels.

• February 1, 2021 at 10:48 pm

Of course, Ela! I would be so honored to have you on board with this project.

• February 3, 2021 at 3:04 am

If you’re still interested, feel free to reach out to me via my contact page when you’re ready. 🙂

4. February 7, 2021 at 5:08 am

I might be missing it, but I think it would be easier to jump in if there were more strict guidelines to make the story, like psychological profiles of the characters, start-middle-end points, motives. Anyway, the collaborations are a good idea.

• February 7, 2021 at 8:00 am

That’s actually a great idea. I might make something like that and see what happens from there. Would it be alright if I credit you with the idea? 🙂 Thank you so much.

• February 7, 2021 at 9:57 am

Sure, I will try to help if it is possible.

• February 7, 2021 at 11:45 am