silhouetted.

suffering from topaz
and featureless silhouettes
in dancing tragedies; a hand
from every ten in the street
roots mine

I pick the miracle of solitude
pushing myself away
from others; the garden
feels my shame

stones, please do not stare at me
eyes they wore bliss like rain.

14 comments for “silhouetted.

1. February 12, 2021 at 7:48 am

I love this, such a wonderfully written poem with intense and relatable imagery.

The lines:

“stones, please do not stare at me/eyes they wore bliss like rain.”

There is something very powerful about this, in a world of constant zoom calls and isolation it is easy to feel like we are constantly being watched by the world we are in. The eyes wearing bliss like the rain makes me think of the joy of being able to connect with others online juxtaposed with the pain of being separated from them in the first place.

DSC
    #FoDiByLi

• February 12, 2021 at 9:36 am

Thank you so very much! I was really thinking of the pandemic and how distant everything is, both physically and mentally. It’s even, like you said, easier to feel that all eyes are on us among the isolation.

I love how you interpreted the rain line. I think connecting online has been sort of what some may call a “saving grace.” Just knowing that everyone else is in a similar spot makes it easier to connect; but as we are social beings, it can be hard to handle the disconnection overall.

Thank you so very much for your thoughts and feedback. Your analysis was wonderful to read and absorb. ❤️❤️

• February 12, 2021 at 9:47 am

I’m an English and Creative Writing student so any chance I get to read and reflect on creative writing of any kind is something I get great joy from doing.

I love finding new blogs to follow and really look forward to reading more of your work in the future.

I’m thrilled to have interpreted things in a way that resonate with your intentions as a poet, but as I said your writing is wonderful to read and I’m sure many would find things within it which resonates with them.

DSC

• February 12, 2021 at 10:17 am

Check my blog too
        Is a new blog to check mine🙏🙏🙏

2. Masa
    February 12, 2021 at 7:53 am

You really know how to churn them out, Lucy. I love the movement of the poetry here – it’s an escape that goes in circles. The imagery is alluring – it both draws me in as repulses me in the most delightful ways. How thoughtful you have made me this morning.

• February 12, 2021 at 9:37 am

Aww, thank you so much Masa! 💕

3. February 12, 2021 at 9:22 am

Brilliant!

4. February 12, 2021 at 10:17 am

Stones do not stare at me is my favorite part👍💕💕💕

5. February 12, 2021 at 10:20 am

U welcome 🙏

6. February 13, 2021 at 5:49 am

I was really attracted by the image of the topaz. I love that stone very much. There is a sense of longing and melancholy in this poem and it’s beautiful.

• February 13, 2021 at 11:46 am

Thank you so very much, Nicole. ❤️❤️

7. Carboniferous Fern
    February 14, 2021 at 10:11 am

I feel a sense of ‘exposure’, in this poem, with the mention of “solitude” and the “stone eyes”, and I love how that links back to the “topaz” image at the beginning. The “dancing silhouettes” are also really evocative and create a sense of oppression and crowding for me. Love this!